Okay, so I do admit that finding that perfect shade of foundation has been one of the most difficult tasks I’ve gone through while purchasing makeup, especially online. Also, it’s so confusing when you have so many brands and formulas to choose from, especially if you are a beginner! There are liquid foundations, mousse foundations, cushion foundations, stick foundations, and some brands even have all-in-one foundations that are multipurpose! Arrgghh! So confusing, right? I was in the same situation until I came across this Maybelline Fit Me Foundation.
Maybelline Fit Me Foundation
Being an oily-skinned girl, it has always been a challenge for me to find the perfect base products that don’t clog my pores or make my face look like a pool of oil. I saw so many bloggers and YouTubers rave about this foundation and wondered what’s so different about it. I then decided to give it a shot and check if it suits me since the name suggests “Matte + Poreless”. Also, it says it is suitable for normal to oily skin, so it attracted me even more. To my surprise, the range has a diversity of shades to choose from that would suit almost all the skin tones. So, I did some research to check what shade would suit me.
I decided to go for the shade no. 310- Sun Beige which is suitable for light to medium skin tone. When I applied it for the first time while doing my makeup, I found it to be a little darker and was scared that I bought a wrong shade. Shopping for makeup online is a different task completely and you can go wrong if not researched properly. But to my surprise, it adjusted to my skin tone and stayed true to its name- Fit Me! It also minimized my pores and made my skin look so much better! Continue reading for a complete detailed review of this foundation.
Let’s begin with the packaging. So, the foundation comes in a glass bottle with a black plastic cap that needs to be twisted to open the bottle. It has a normal opening, just like any other bottle of foundation. No, it doesn’t have a pump, but it’s totally fine seeing the quality and price of it!
What does it claim?
This lightweight foundation mattifies and refines pores and leaves a natural, seamless finish. Ideal for normal to oily skin, our exclusive matte foundation formula features micro-powders to control shine and blur pores.
What are the shades available?
There are 15 different shades to choose from. I’m sure you’ll find your perfect match. You can find the shade chart below. And don’t worry in case you buy a shade or two above or below your actual skin tone. This foundation will adjust and fit according to your skin tone. Isn’t that so cool?
What is the quantity of the foundation?
The foundation comes in a standard 30ml quantity that lasts long. You just need a small quantity and you’ll be good to go.
What is the consistency?
The foundation has a medium consistency, not too thick, not too runny. I feel it’s the best consistency since it can be blended easily and can be buildable.
What is the price?
The MRP of the foundation is ₹ 500. However, I got it at a discounted price of ₹ 375! You’ll find the link at the end of the blog where you can get it at a cheaper price too!
Who can use it?
The foundation claims that it is for normal to oily skin, but even a dry skin girl can use this. Just apply some moisturizer to your face before applying foundation and your face won’t dry out.
How to use the foundation?
Using the foundation is not a task if you know how to blend it into your skin properly. If you’re an amateur, don’t worry. Just follow these simple steps and your foundation will look like a dream.
- Make sure you moisturize your face properly after washing it thoroughly. Even if you have oily skin, make sure that you don’t skip moisturizing your face. Use an oil-free moisturizer to avoid any excess oil on your face. If you have dry skin, moisturizer is a must.
- Next, apply a primer to make your makeup stay longer and create the perfect canvas. If you have pores on your face, go for a pore minimizing primer. This will blur out the pores and make your foundation glide on smoothly.
- Take a small quantity of the foundation on the back of your hand. With the help of a beauty blender or a foundation brush start applying the foundation on your face. Make sure that you start with a small quantity, or else your face will end up looking cakey. You can always build up the coverage later if needed.
- If you are using a foundation brush to apply the foundation, make sure you stipple it properly and blend it properly.
- And if you prefer blending it with a beauty blender, dampen your sponge with before applying the foundation and remove the excess water.
- Let your foundation sit for a couple of minutes and then you can move ahead with the rest of your makeup.
How I like to use it
- Before starting off with the makeup, I apply an ice cube all over my face in case I have pores. This will close all the open pores and make my makeup last longer.
- I then use the Neutrogena oil-free moisturizer to moisturize my skin since I’m an oily skin girl. Find the link below to buy it.
3. I then use the Lakme Absolute Blur Perfect Makeup Primer to minimize the pore appearance even more. It also evens out the skin tone. Click below to buy it.
4. Before applying the foundation, I apply a concealer to conceal any imperfections on my face. I use the Makeup Revolution Ultra Cover and Conceal Palette in the Medium/Dark variant since it has so many shades. You can find the link below.
5. Since the consistency of the foundation is not too thick and not too thin, I like to apply it with a foundation brush.
6. I take a flat foundation and apply the foundation on my face using downward strokes.
7. Then with the help of a stippling brush, I blend the foundation properly.
8. After the foundation has blended I let it sit for 2-3 minutes so that it adjusts itself according to my skin tone.
- Gives a matte and seamless finish.
- Gives a medium to full coverage.
- Minimizes the appearance of pores.
- Evens out skin tone.
- Easily blendable.
- Perfect consistency
- A diversity of shade range
- Buildable coverage.
- Lasts for about 4 to 5 hours.
- Skin looks natural
- Fits and adjusts itself to your skin tone.
- Does not clog the pores
- Available both online and offline.
- Cost effective.
- Can be a bit messy since it doesn’t have a pump.
- Not so travel-friendly since it comes in a glass bottle.
- Can dry out your skin if not moisturized properly.
- Can also end up looking ashy or cakey if not blended well.
My opinion about Maybelline Fit Me- Matte + Poreless Foundation
This foundation is a boon for people with oily skin since it gives the perfect matte and flawless finish. I’m absolutely in love with it and moreover, I just need a very little quantity to cover my face and it just looks so seamless! Also, it gives a medium to full coverage and is easily buildable without making your face look ashy. All the oily girls out, this foundation is a must try if you haven’t already! And to all the normal or dry skin girlies, you can use it too for a matte finished look. Follow the steps above and you’ll be good to go!
Do leave your comments/feedback below. Also, do let me know your experience with the foundation if you have tried it. I’d love to know!
Take care and keep smiling!