A proper skincare routine is a must to achieve that perfectly healthy and glowing skin. No matter what skin type you have or how aged you are, it is essential to take care of your skin daily. Of course, eating healthy will get you good skin and hair, but it’s difficult to defend the external factors that damage your skin such as UV rays, dirt, smoke, and pollution. The basic skin care routine includes 3 steps which are often denoted as CTM: Cleanser, Toner, and Moisturizer. These 3 steps are a must to do twice daily, in the morning and evening, apart from other steps.
Most women out there thoroughly clean their face and moisturize them but forget to include a toner in their routine. Well, a toner is as important as a cleanser or a moisturizer! For those of you who aren’t aware of how important toning your face is, here’s everything you need to know about these magical potions!
What is toner?
For the ones who aren’t aware of what a toner is, it might just seem like it’s plain water with some added ingredients! Well, it’s not plain water, it contains so much more than simply oxygen and hydrogen! Toners are liquids that penetrate deep into your skin fast while removing all the traces of dirt and makeup residues. Also, it provides a boost of hydration to your skin. The result is plump and glowing skin. We all know it is important to apply a primer before applying the rest of the makeup, however, it also important to apply toner before layering the skincare products since it acts a primer for your next skincare steps. Here are all the benefits of the toner that you need to know.
Benefits of applying a toner
- Toners help to even out your skin tone and “tone” your face, as the name suggests.
- It removes the residues of makeup or dirt that the cleanser is unable to remove.
- It provides instant hydration to the skin.
- Some toners help to treat acne due to their anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- It helps to get rid of the oiliness.
- Pore-tightening toners help reduce the appearance sounds simple of the pores and help to shrink them.
- A clear complexion is what you get after including the toner in your day to day routine.
- It refreshes your face, especially in hot weather.
- It helps to restore the natural pH balance of your skin.
- By shrinking the pores, it acts as a layer of protection, thus preventing dirt, contaminants, and environmental impurities from entering the skin surface.
- It helps in thorough detoxification of your skin by getting rid of the chemical residues on your skin due to pollution and the environment.
How to apply a toner?
It is recommended to follow the skincare routine twice daily, once in the morning and once in the evening. If you’re unaware of how to apply it correctly, follow these easy steps and you’ll be good to go!
- Cleanse your face thoroughly with your favorite cleanser.
- Pat dry your skin and let it breathe for a few seconds before you move to the next step.
- Take a clean cotton pad or a cotton ball and soak it with a generous amount of toner.
- Apply it all over your face leaving the eyes and mouth.
- You’ll notice some residue of the dirt particles on your cotton pad or ball.
- That’s the amount of dirt sitting on your face even after you’ve cleansed your skin!
- Let the toner sink into your skin and then move to the next step of your skincare routine.
How I like to apply the toner
- I make sure that I cleanse my face thoroughly with my face wash or cleanser.
- After washing my face, I pat dry my face with a clean towel.
- Then, I take a cotton pad and pour enough toner onto it.
- I gently press the pad against my skin and let the toner sink deep into my skin.
- I do this all over my face leaving behind the eye and mouth area.
- Then, I wait for a couple of seconds to let the toner seep inside before moving to the next steps.
- I follow the toner with a serum, an eye cream, and lastly a moisturizer to lock in all the moisture on my face.
I use the Biotique Bio Cucumber Pore Tightening Toner with Himalayan Waters since I have an oily skin that is acne prone. It is priced at ₹ 175 for 120 ml, which is super affordable!. Moreover, you’ll always find it at a discounted price! Check out the link below to buy it.
CLICK HERE to buy Biotique Bio Cucumber Pore Tightening Toner with Himalayan Waters for Normal to Oily Skin
Who can apply a toner?
Toners are meant for all skin types and all ages. Well, men can use them too! Their skin deserves some love as well! If you’re someone with oily, combination, or acne-prone skin, it is highly recommended for you to not skip this step in your routine since toner will help in controlling the oil secretion on your face and help you get rid of acne too!
What are the types of toners available?
There are so many different types of toners available in the market based on your needs.
- Pore-tightening toners: These toners help to shrink the open pores and give you a smooth and clear skin.
- Hydrating toners: These toners are meant for the people with dry skin since they not only remove the impurities but also provide hydration.
- Anti-aging: some toners have anti-aging properties and contain ingredients that are meant to be used for the skin that’s aging. Incorporate them in your routine and you’ll not be left with the signs of aging.
- Alcohol-free toners: The alcohol-free toners are a boon for acne-prone or sensitive skin since they don’t have any traces of alcohol. They are very much safe to use and provide the same benefits as any other toners.
Now that you know something about toners, make sure that you don’t skip this step in your skincare routine. After all, who doesn’t want a flawlessly healthy skin!
Do let me know in the comments about your favorite toners and share your feedback! It’d mean a lot to me!
Take care and keep smiling! 😊