Monsoons are already here, which means it’s gonna take a serious toll on both my skin and hair. For now, I’m almost sorted with my skincare routine. The only thing concerning me was my dry, damaged and frizzy hair because monsoons affect my hair so bad. I don’t like the season only because of the problems it brings along. I was looking for a good shampoo that would not just nourish my hair and keep it protected in this funny weather, but also maintain it the same way throughout till my next wash. Then I came across this Himalayan Organics Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo and thought I’d give it a shot. Since it contains Moroccan Agan Oil, I felt it would be the best suited for me.
So, here I am, sharing my story and experience with you today about this shampoo.
This is what the shampoo claims of doing to your hair:
- HIGH VITAMIN E CONTENT: Himalayan Organics Moroccan Argan Oil owes much its nourishing strength to its high vitamin E concentration. Vitamin E is exceptionally beneficial to your hair, as it makes it stronger, shinier, and healthier. It is also excellent to help combat stretch marks.
- BRING LIFE TO YOUR HAIR! If you’ve been looking for argan oil for hair that nourishes, repairs and rejuvenates dry and coarse hair, then your search is over! That’s because our product contains genuine Argan oil of Morocco and that is enriched with vitamin E, a powerful natural antioxidant, making hair silky, shiny and soft. Himalayan Organics Moroccan Argan Oil is the perfect companion for dry, damaged and overworked hair.
- CONTROLS DANDRUFF Rich in fatty acids and Vitamin E, Himalayan Organics Moroccan Argan Oil hydrates frizzy hair and mends split ends and nourishes the scalp to prevent dandruff. The scalp becomes moisturized and the hair is soft to the touch.
- BEST SOLUTION FOR ALL HAIR TYPES: It hydrates and smooths frizz in all hair types, but that’s just the start! Use Himalayan Organics Moroccan Argan Oil to 1) make your hair more manageable, 2) add silky volume, 3) fortify against brittleness and breakage, 4) brighten the dull colour and 5) repair hair damage … the list goes on and on.
- PURE ARGAN OIL HAS MORE VITAMIN E & OMEGA 6 FATTY ACIDS: Yes, it’s more effective. Our natural Argan Oil beats other brands with pure Moroccan sourcing that improves hair health. Himalayan Organics Moroccan Argan Oil contains natural nutrients known to strengthen hair and follicles so you get results that are more than skin deep.
So, the shampoo comes in a big plastic bottle that comes with a pump to dispense the product. I like to use the products, even more, when they come along with a pump since it becomes so much convenient to use. I can dispense exactly the amount of product I wish to use. The packaging is not flimsy at all and since it is made of plastic, I can carry it along everywhere too. The bottle also has all the details about the shampoo mentioned on it, so it becomes easier to check them. Nothing much fancy with the packaging, but I honestly don’t mind about the packaging much if the product works well for me.
This is how the shampoo bottle looks like:
The main ingredient is argan oil and a high amount of vitamin E, both of which work wonders for your hair. Honestly, the first thing attracted me towards this shampoo was the argan oil content. I wanted to get my hands on a natural shampoo which contains this oil and as soon as I saw it, I thought of going for it. Also, it is free from all harmful chemicals, sulphates and parabens, which is a boon for my dry and damaged hair. Well, here’s the complete list of ingredients found on the packaging:
The shampoo is quite runny and not thick compared to many other shampoos out there in the market. But, that’s not a concern for me because it lathers up and cleanses my hair very well. Actually, it’s better to have such consistency and not much thick because I don’t feel the need to dilute the shampoos and work with them as it is. This is how the shampoo looks like:
It is peach or rather, peachy orange in colour and that must be because it contains all-natural ingredients like amla, shikakai, bhringraj, etc. I’m glad it doesn’t consist of any artificial colours or additives which are harmful to the hair.
The Himalayan Organics Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo is free from artificial fragrances and smells herbal due to the presence of natural ingredients. The fragrance is not much overpowering and is mild, which I like because I don’t prefer shampoos with strong fragrances. It gives me a headache. So, kudos to this one since it doesn’t smell heavy of anything.
Quantity and price:
The shampoo comes in a huge 300ml bottle and costs ₹ 745. I got it at a discounted price and I’ll leave a link below so you can get it a lower price as well. The price is fair enough for the quantity and benefits the shampoo comes with. It’s going to last me for so many months since I only prefer washing my hair 2-3 times a week. It is so mild and gentle on my scalp and hair and I don’t really need too much of a quantity to make it work for my hair. Initially, I felt that the shampoo doesn’t lather much and took 3-4 pumps of the shampoo for my medium length hair. But I then realised that I don’t actually need that much and reduced the quantity to just 2 months now.
Who can use the Himalayan Organics Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo?
Both men and women can use this shampoo since it doesn’t really say if it’s meant for only men or women. And honestly, I think even men should try it out if they’re facing the same issues of their hair getting dry, frizzy, damaged and falling. It will work wonders for both men and women if they give the shampoo some to work on their hair and see the results.
How to use it?
This is how you’re supposed to use the shampoo according to the packaging:
How I like to use the Himalayan Organics Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo:
- I make sure to oil my hair and leave it overnight before I go for a hair wash and the oil I use is Kama Ayurveda Bringadi Intensive Hair Treatment. I love using this oil so much and have been using it ever since I got my hands on it!
- Then I take 2 pumps of this Himalayan Organics Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo and rub it between my palms to form a lather.
- Once enough lather is formed, I massage my scalp thoroughly with it and then slowly work towards the mid-lengths and ends.
- I rinse my hair thoroughly with cold water and repeat the process one more time.
- I follow it up with Wella Professionals SP Smoothen Mask and apply it from my mid-lengths towards the tips because hair masks work better on my thin and damaged hair than conditioners and lately, I’ve switched to using only hair masks after shampooing my hair. Ever since I started using masks, I’ve seen a major change in the texture of my hair.
- Before I rinse off my hair one more time, I wait for 5-7 minutes and finish taking bath.
- For the final rinse, I again chose cold water because it seals in the moisture in the hair and prevents them from drying them out.
- Mild and gentle on the hair
- Free from harmful chemicals, sulphates, parabens, artificial colours and fragrance
- Suitable for both men and women
- Helps in hair regrowth
- Doesn’t dry out hair
- Makes hair soft, smooth, shiny and silky
- Reduces the frizz in the hair
- Contains all-natural ingredients
- Comes in a huge quantity
- The packaging is convenient to use and travel-friendly
- Has a mild fragrance
- Lathers good
- Detangles hair
- Only a small quantity is needed
- Would last for a long time
- Though the bottle is travel-friendly, I feel it’s a tad bit bulky to carry around for shorter trips
- Takes time to remove the oil from hair and I sometimes need to repeat washing them 2-3 times
- Requires a conditioner/mask after shampooing
My overall experience with the shampoo:
I’ve been using the shampoo for more than 2 weeks and I can feel that my hair feels much healthy, glossy and smooth than before. Also, I’m always up for natural products be it for my skin or hair and this shampoo is my go-to due to the ingredients it has and the benefits it provides. Also, since it has Moroccan argan oil, which is extremely good for hair, I am impressed with the way the shampoo has performed on my hair until now. The other ingredients it consists of are also beneficial to hair which is why I like using the shampoo a lot.
I can’t comment on if it worked for growing out hair or shows any signs of hair growth. It’s just been 2 weeks of me using it. But since it contains bhringraj which is known for its hair growth properties, I’m assuming that it would work to grow out my hair. Apart from the fact that it takes time to completely cleanse my oily hair, I don’t have any other issues with the shampoo. And since it is free form harmful ingredients, I feel safe to repeat washing my hair if I find that it hasn’t cleaned my hair in the first go.
This is how my hair looks like after using it for 2 weeks:
Will I repurchase it?
Yes, I might repurchase it but currently, I have loads of other hair products to try out so I might not repurchase it immediately after it gets over. But in future, if I feel like going for this one again, I will.
CLICK HERE to buy the Himalayan Organics Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo online for a discounted price!